For 2020, I’d like to be kinder. I’d like to half-ass less things, and complete more. As it seemed that slightly less is more (10 resolutions in 2019 that got stuck to more than previous years) again, a reduced, focussed set seems necessary:
- Learn to play the banjo.
- Help the community in some way. Given the amount of homelessness here, my current plan is to start volunteering somewhere locally, although I need to do research to figure out what I can do to help.
- Read more than two books per month.
- Take an afternoon off every week for the first quarter of the year, to help with childcare.
- Play more Blood Bowl. Get better at Blood Bowl.
- Sleep more, eat less dreadful food.
- Lose 4 kg. That would get me back to 80 kg. I suppose subsidiary goals around that are to establish a proper fitness routine, get back to swimming, climbing and so on.
- Make a start on the next novel.
- Take full advantage of the great outdoors, and get the kids hiking somewhere every month.
- Finish the Udemy juggling course I signed up for a year ago.
That’s ten. I think I should work a bit harder on concocting themes around these and work out how it all coheres, but it’s a start, right?